Sunday, 14 July 2013

BB Cream Review: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly



Hey everyone! This is my first beauty review! I haven't done one before because I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to makeup, however I wanted to do some BB cream reviews because I find them very helpful, especially when someone has a similar skin tone to me. I'm very pale. I think the asian genes sat out when it came to coding my skin colour (is that even the right term? I dropped biology after GCSE).

Anyway, moving on to the product. I bought this last year in Thailand and was saving it for when my favourite BB cream ran out (Innisfree's Trouble Care BB cream which has been discontinued).

The facts: SPF 20 PA++, water-based, matte finish, 40ml

The packaging: I think we can all agree that the flower-shaped frosted glass jar is extremely cute. If I hadn't heard good things about this product I may have got it just for the packaging. There is a downside though: the frosted glass makes it rather heavy. Not great for travelling or throwing it in your bag when you're in a rush and need to apply your makeup on the tube...


The product: Staying true to its name, this BB cream has a jelly-like consistency which is fun to poke with the built in spatula. The spatula is definitely useful but not the most hygienic method of getting the product out. I foresee me having to use something else to get the product out when it starts to run out. They also give you a sponge to help you blend the BB cream.

Swatch
Blending
Blended

The coverage: It has a pretty light coverage so one layer won't hide your problem areas however it will make any dark spots or redness fade and appear lighter. It also minimizes the appearance of my pores. I like to build it up in certain areas like my under eyes or spots to get more coverage.

The shade: This BB cream comes in two shades. I have the lighter #1 Aqua Beige colour which is a little too dark for me, however the coverage is quite sheer and no one has asked me why my face looks slightly darker which is a good sign. BB creams also oxidise and this gets lighter on my skin after I've worn it for a while. 

The smell: I quite like the scent but I hear some people really don't. It smells like a foundation product with an artificial floral scent added to it, and once you apply it to your skin you mainly get the floral scent.

The road test: I have been using this product for around two months now and I've been pretty pleased with it. I'd say my skin gets pretty oily and this product doesn't do a lot to combat that, however it doesn't make it worse. It's pretty easy to blend out since the jelly texture makes it slippery. 

Overall: I'd definitely recommend this product for Summer because it's not too heavy on the skin and it does provide some sun protection. However if you're looking for something with more coverage or to help combat problems such as spots then this isn't the BB for you.

I hope you guys have enjoyed my first beauty product review! I'll mainly be sticking to outfit posts but I think it will be nice to do something like this every once in a while. Please let me know if you found this helpful or tell me if I've missed anything out!

SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. great product review. and i agree later on the container is going to be a problem when getting out the product :/ and i thought your review was very helpful.

    xoxo
    1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback since I had no idea whether I'd write a good review or not

      Delete
  2. I love beauty reviews - especially ones for Asian beauty products. I guess it must be hard to find the perfect shade of BB cream/foundation for you since you're so pale - but pale is lovely (I wish my skin was paler and didn't tan so easily!). That jar is super cute but I hate glass packaging too, so inconvenient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Winnie! It can be hard but thankfully the lightest shade of some drugstore foundations match my skin!
      Your skin colour is lovely too!

      Delete
  3. I have been looking at this BB cream on korean beauty websites but I think it will be a bit too dark/yellow for me x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Missha's Perfect Cover Cream in No.13. I just started using it and it's been working great! It's a lot lighter than this one too

      Delete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig