Sunday, 19 April 2015

Tips For Taming Your Fringe/Bangs


Being someone who has had a fringe since my hair was long enough, I like to think of myself as an expert on the topic of fringe maintenance. Here's what I've learnt over the years that might help you out with taming them:

1. Never, ever let your fringe dry by itself without at least combing it down and into place. I use a comb and my fingers to separate my fringe from the rest of my hair, make my mini side part and then sweep it to the side a little. Then I'll usually clamp my hand over it whilst using a hairdryer to make sure it stays where I want it to stay. Put it in it's place!

2. Learning to trim your fringe yourself can save a lot of trips to the hairdresser. It can be quite daunting at first but you do get the hang of it. Unless you have a steady hand, it's better not to cut your fringe horizontally as it's easier to make it uneven this way. You wanna keep the scissors pointing upwards as you snip across. I also prefer to trim my fringe while it's dry after a couple mishaps of cutting more than I've meant to when it's been wet.

3. I've noticed my fringe tends to get greasy more quickly than the rest of my hair, so dry shampoo has become a very good friend of mine. If you don't fancy dry shampoo (or you face the nightmare of unexpectedly running out of it one morning), you can tie the rest of your hair back and quickly wash and shampoo your fringe. It usually dries quickly and it gives the illusion that your hair is clean!

I hope these tips are helpful for someone out there!

SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Fringes are way too high maintenance for me! I used the have one when I was little, but let it grow out - wish I could rock one like you though, then maybe I'd think about cutting it back in... x Rebecca - <a href="http://www.itscohen.co.uk/“>UK fashion blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment! Fringes really can be annoying to manage.
      You could always get a clip in one to play with, though!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! ^.^ I had a fringe for a good 8 years until growing it out and I wish I took the time to dry mine properly more often as my hair is quite frizzy! ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well you can always try again if you miss it!

      Delete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig