Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion Review



I finished my bottle of Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion so I thought now might be a good time to write a review. It's probably the most expensive toner I've ever bought and I was quite happy with the product overall.

For reference: I have combination skin and I get spots every now and again.

Directions: Use a cotton pad to swipe the toner lightly over the skin, once in the morning and once before bed.

How I used it: I did start out using it twice a day but in wanting to make it last longer I just used it nightly after the first 3 weeks. The bottle lasted around 4 months.

The scent: You can smell the alcohol for sure. It's not terribly unpleasant but it is a bit like a very, very subtle nail polish remover.

The road test: For the first week I was using the product, I saw almost no difference to my skin. It made my face feel a little bit softer; however it didn't immediately destroy the spots that were threatening to set up camp. I was a little bit disappointed but I realized you can't expect every product to work wonders overnight.
After about two weeks my spots had subsided and all was well. It was very effective for the first two months and kept my skin pretty clear. I did notice that if I ever forgot (or was too lazy) to use it before bed, my skin sometimes looked like it was about to breakout. This might have been due to using the product just once a day instead of twice like they recommend. However, as soon as I started using it again they would fade. Around the third month it still kept my spots under control but the redness lingered a little longer than before.

The verdict: It is a great product that does its job, however I feel like there are other toners or products out there that do the same job for less amount of money. I am curious as to whether its more effective if you use it with the other products in the line but I think I'll save testing that out for when I have more money to spare.
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig