Saturday, 29 October 2016

Act natural

oversized shirt

oversized shirt
reading

I've been doing some indoor outfit shoots for convenience but I thought I'd get creative with some props this time to make things more interesting. I had fun setting the self-timer and shuffling into position to pretend to read Monocle magazine. I also recommend not pretending to read Monocle since it's pretty awesome if you're interested in design, global affairs, business, and all that good stuff. The Rouleur magazines aren't mine but they sure have pretty covers (it's a magazine about cycling if you're interested!).

When was the last time I wore jeans on this blog? It must've been a while ago. Like a lot of people, I don't always like how my legs look in jeans and sometimes I go months without wearing them. But thankfully my ability to go "fuck it, my legs look fine" has grown over the years, so my two pairs of jeans get more outings than they used to. Anyway, this is one of my go-to casual outfits. The oversized shirt is from Pomelo, the jeans are old Zara ones, and the shoes are old Topshop slip-ons I wear all the time. I added a choker - it's really just a piece of ribbon - to amp up the 90s vibes.

SHARE:

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your style. These photos look so good! The choker was a good idea. I don't wear chokers normally but going with a ribbon sounds smart, it's simple but it changes the look so much.
    Have a good weekend x

    Joanne | Life in Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah the ribbon is great, plus I can always use it for something else once I'm bored with it. It was really cheap too :D
      Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  2. lovely look

    adore your shirt

    www.callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posts like this just prove that you don't need a fancy photographer to get good outfit shots! Love the shirt, it's such a fab colour on you x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Of course it would be nice to have a photographer but at least self-timer is always there.

      Delete
  4. I was going to start doing some inside outfit shots - its for sure the light! I love this shirt by the way! X

    Jenny | jacandthebox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so easy to do, so definitely go for it.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. indoors outfit photos IS such a convenience!
    you can do it without worrying about the weather and you can wear anything you might never wear outside your house

    loving the almost grunge 90s vibe, Annabelle

    sounds like great magazines! you sure have great taste in magazines

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you said about weather is spot on right now. I did a shoot outside with my friend the other day and almost froze!
      I've gone slightly grungy lately, I wonder why haha.
      Thank you Stevia!

      Delete
  6. You have a pretty face! Love your top <3

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig