Sunday, 8 January 2017

Review: 3INA Ulti-Matte Lipstick in 600 (Gold)

Review: 3INA Ulti-Matte Lipstick in 600 (Gold)
3ina ulti-matte lipstick
I made the great decision to walk into the 3INA store in Covent Garden whilst I was Christmas shopping last month, a time when you're supposed to be buying presents for other people. I'd never been in the store before so I went in out of curiousity. There was no-one else inside so I had the undivided attention of a sales assistant. She was really informative and helpful, and once we bonded over dark lipstick there was no escape. I walked out with 3 3INA products to try (and review of course) so here's the first of them.

I've been wanting a gold lip product to layer over my reds for a while so I picked up the Ulti-Matte Lipstick in 600.

The product: A matte, metallic lipstick 
3ina ulti-matte lipstick
The packaging: Plastic with a twist top. You're all reminded of 3CE too, right? I know it's what's inside that counts, and I absolutely love minimal black and white packaging, but I'm starting to wish a new brand will launch with completely different packaging to everything else out there.

The pigmentation: Sadly it's not as pigmented as I hoped. I tried swatching it on my hand but it was hard to get the colour to show up well on camera. If you're after a subtle gold shine on your lips then this is perfect but if you want something that stands out more you have to layer a lot.
3ina ulti-matte lipstick
The application: Inside the lid is the product, and you push the brush into it to get the product out. It has a pointed sponge which I guess works for it.

The colour: Gold. 3ina also do a red and burgundy.
3ina
The road test: I wore it over a red lipstick. I put on quite a lot to get it to show up on camera and it still looks really faint! It is more noticeable in real life but I was looking forward to taking photos of my gold lips. It also fades throughout the day and doesn't stand up too well against food sadly.

Overall: It's a gorgeous colour but the pigmentation lets it down. I'm gonna continue my search for an in-your-face gold but if you only want something subtle, 3ina's Ulti-Matte might suit you just fine.
SHARE:

7 comments:

  1. such a pretty touch it adds. really festive too
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was perfect for the holiday season, now I'm running out of occassions to wear it haha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same! 3ina do some great ones actually!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Haven't heard of this brand. I wonder if it's only in the UK. I think I like that the gold effect is more subtle! It would probably be so pretty in the inner corners of eyes too.

    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Australian but they're slowly expanding.
      Ooh that would look pretty! I'll try that later :D

      Delete
  4. I totally thought that this was a Korean brand - I think it's the logo and the packaging, very 3CE as you mentioned! Intrigued that it's an Ozzie brand, I'll have to look out for them when I'm there soon!

    ReplyDelete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig